In the Archdiocese of Miami, nearly 6,000 catechists (at parishes and Catholic schools) share their faith with more than 36,000 children and teens. We are honored and blessed by our catechetical team’s dedication — the dedication they pour into their ministry to ensure proper faith formation for our children and youths. I also know that catechetical ministry would not be complete without the full participation of the parents. Therefore, as we begin a new catechetical year, let us pray that in union with our catechists we might share with enthusiasm our love of Christ and be constantly renewed in His love beyond the catechetical sessions — in our homes and work places.
As the Director of Catechesis, I assure you of our continued support for our catechetical leaders, their holistic formation and the catechetical ministry that is already occurring at our parish and Catholic school communities.
If this is your first time visiting us, I hope you find valuable information for your ministry and that you will return often for updates of our services and other important news. May Lord bless us all and in our catechetical mission!
Sr. Karen Muñiz, sctjm
Director of Catechesis
The Office of Catechesis is the representative body through which the Archbishop, chief Catechist, directs the catechetical activities of the Archdiocese of Miami. As part of the evangelizing mission of the Church, the Office of Catechesis promotes lifelong catechesis through:
- Analysis of the state of catechesis in the Archdiocese leading to the design and/or implementation of appropriate responses
- Direction of all Sacramental and Systematic catechesis from Baptism to Confirmation
- Direction of the formation, certification and renewal of certification processes for parish and Catholic school catechists and catechetical leaders
- Development of programs for ongoing formation of catechists and catechetical leaders
- Collaboration and networking with Archdiocesan departments and agencies and other related local and national organizations
- Facilitation of widespread use of all media resources